My blog has been changed to make it more appealing for those who have New England ancestors and want to see the area through photos. Things I’ll include are typical white New England churches, libraries showing their genealogical collection, historical societies, cemeteries, war memorials, in general, anything to do with history.

For four years I’ve blogged mostly about my personal genealogy in New England (Connecticut, Massachusetts, Vermont, and New Hampshire), New York, New Jersey, Michigan, Illinois, Wyoming, and the Eastern Townships of Quebec, Canada. I still will, can’t forget my own roots.

Please check out the labels on the right side for articles. The header tabs at the top are a work in progress.

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Alameda, California -- Same House, Different Years

My mother and Steve Danko both took pictures of the same house. It is in Alameda, California and I lived here for 10 years, before moving to Connecticut, then Massachusetts. In 2006, Steve mentioned he was going to Alameda, and he told me he would swing by and take an updated picture.  Since the house was for sale, he gave me the Real Estate link and I was able to take a visual tour of the rooms, and I was thrilled to see it. The San Francisco Bay was a short walk down the street.
Photo taken by my mother.
Copyright 2006 by Stephen J. Danko. Used with permission.

7 comments:

Sheri said...

Barbara,

Too cool! I have thoroughly enjoyed your articles about the DAR. I would have commented sooner, but have been down with pnemonia, woe is me

Barbara Poole said...

Oh Sheri, I hope you are feeling 100% now. Wondered where you were. Happy Thanksgiving to you.

Kathryn Doyle said...

Hi Barbara,

Have you tried taking a walk down the street with Google Maps?

Cheryl Fleming Palmer said...

This was such a great happening! So awesome Steve was able to get the picture for you!

Barbara Poole said...

Kathryn, Yes I did use Google Maps. Thanks for the suggestion, in case I hadn't.

Cheryl, you probably remember when Steve did that. I was pretty excited.

Steve Danko said...

It's eerie, though, how I took the picture of the house from the same angle as your mother's picture!

Steve

Barbara Poole said...

Yes, nice connection there. Hey, aren't you in SLC right now?