My blog has been changed to make it more appealing for those who have New England ancestors and want to see the area through photos. Things I’ll include are typical white New England churches, libraries showing their genealogical collection, historical societies, cemeteries, war memorials, in general, anything to do with history.

For four years I’ve blogged mostly about my personal genealogy in New England (Connecticut, Massachusetts, Vermont, and New Hampshire), New York, New Jersey, Michigan, Illinois, Wisconsin, and the Eastern Townships of Quebec, Canada. I still will, can’t forget my own roots.

Please check out the labels on the right side for articles. The header tabs at the top are a work in progress.

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Wordless Wednesday

Above taken by me. (Sorry about the blur, but I was a bit nervous.)  Below  photo by a professional.

5 comments:

Heather Rojo said...

Hi Barbara! I love this! I've taken photos of some of the presidential candidates in the last few NH primaries. Maybe someday I'll get them all together and do something with them! Most never went on to higher office (does anyone remember Lamar Alexander?)

Sanjay Maharaj said...

Must have been an amazing moment, witness to history

Barbara Poole said...

Thank you both for your comments. Yes, I was pretty excited, and it was only because we all screamed his name, that he decided to come down to us. It was not planned, and we were thrilled.
Also, Heather, we ran up to NH several times (Bedford) trying to catch a glimpse of a candidate or even a favorite news reporter, but never saw anybody. I need to book a room at the Wayfarer. I've seen 4 presidents up close, and have photos of 3.

lindalee said...

Barbara,

You can certainly use that dove of peace...happy to share. I don't think I have ever met a president. The closest I ever came to a political high roller was Edward Kennedy. He was much shorter than I thought....

Barbara Poole said...

Lindalee, Thank you, now to figure it out and if and when you see it posted, I'll be thinking of you. Also, I'll do Kennedy's autograph and other stuff in March, as I already wrote what I'd be doing for February.