My blog has been changed to make it more appealing for those who have New England ancestors and want to see the area through photos. Things I’ll include are typical white New England churches, libraries showing their genealogical collection, historical societies, cemeteries, war memorials, in general, anything to do with history.

For four years I’ve blogged mostly about my personal genealogy in New England (Connecticut, Massachusetts, Vermont, and New Hampshire), New York, New Jersey, Michigan, Illinois, Wyoming, and the Eastern Townships of Quebec, Canada. I still will, can’t forget my own roots.

Please check out the labels on the right side for articles. The header tabs at the top are a work in progress.

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Tombstone Tuesday - POOLE, 1st two generations in Massachusetts

Jonathan Poole
Born: Abt. 1634, Middlesex Co., Massachusetts
Died: December 24, 1678, Reading (now Wakefield), Middlesex Co., Massachusetts

Jonathan Poole married Judith.
They were my 7th great-grandparents.

Below photo shows detail of headstone above,  photo from the book, Graven Images.

Foot stones for Jonathan Poole

Both Father and son buried at
Old Burying Ground Cemetery, Wakefield, Middlesex Co., Massachusetts
Jonathan Poole, son of first Jonathan
Born: February 28, 1666/67, Reading, Middlesex Co., Massachusetts

Died: May 28, 1723, Reading, Middlesex Co., Massachusetts

Jonathan Poole was married to Bridget Fitch
They were my 6th great-grandparents.

6 comments:

Amanda Acquard said...

What a treasure finding stones that old, especially considering what great shape they are for their age.

Barbara said...

Hi Amanda, I keep following your ventures in Germany. Stones that old are usually listed in a book or two. These are only 35 miles from where I live, so I was very lucky.

Heather Rojo said...

Barbara, I just found Jonathan Poole in my database. His daughter Mary married James Nichols. James's parents are my 8x great aunt and uncle. I'm descended from Thomas Kendall and Rebecca Payne!

Barbara said...

Heather, I'm not surprised, but I wish the relationship was a bit closer. Still, this will do for now.

Wendy said...

Oh my gosh, I just repeated almost word for word what Heather said. Ha ha! :-D Anyhow, I descend from Mary Poole and James Nichols.

That makes Jonathan my 10th great-grandfather.

Barbara said...

Wendy, amazing. So we are related...again. But this is a very good line! See what you woke up to. I love it.