Pages

The Life From The Roots blog topics have changed several times since I began this blog in 2009. I initially wrote only about the family history I had been working on for 20 years. Years later, I was into visiting gardens, historical homes, churches, libraries that had genealogical collections, historical societies, war memorials, and travel/tourism places. I also enjoy posting autographs and photos of famous people I've met or have seen.

Along with my New England roots, other areas include New York, New Jersey, Michigan, Illinois, Wisconsin, and the Eastern Townships of Quebec, Canada.

Please check out the labels on the right side for topics (please note, they need work). Below the labels and pageviews is a listing of my top nine posts, according to Google. Four of them pertain to Lowell, MA. These posts change often because they are based on what people are reading.

Friday, July 30, 2010

Follow Friday -- Becky of KINEXXIONS

For many months, I've been following a fabulous blog called Kinexxions by Becky Wiseman.  She began her journey alone, from Indiana last August, and has traveled through New England, down south, then the southwest, west and up through many of the national parks. Since I had been in many of the parks and various other sites, I've enjoyed her journey on a personal level.


Follow Friday is a day when genealogists can write about another blog, book, genealogy society / historical society or anything they recommend to others. For this reason, I choose Becky's site.


Today, when she posted a map of her newest detour, that of driving to Alaska (see her map, click to enlarge), I thought this would be a great way for children to follow along.  Many still have a month of vacation, and they can take the trip with her.  What a wonderful way to learn.  And, as she mentioned today, she might not always have wifi, so if there is a lapse, you can always go back through her blogs and read about other locations and see some of the best photos you will ever see.  She doesn't sightsee like me....she does it, as in taking long hikes and getting the best shots (unlike mine taken a few feet from the car). In addition, she explains things and discusses history...it isn't just photos.


I wish her a safe journey and hope many of you will follow her along this great journey.