My blog has been changed to make it more appealing for those who have New England ancestors and want to see the area through photos. Things I’ll include are typical white New England churches, libraries showing their genealogical collection, historical societies, cemeteries, war memorials, in general, anything to do with history.

For four years I’ve blogged mostly about my personal genealogy in New England (Connecticut, Massachusetts, Vermont, and New Hampshire), New York, New Jersey, Michigan, Illinois, Wyoming, and the Eastern Townships of Quebec, Canada. I still will, can’t forget my own roots.

Please check out the labels on the right side for articles. The header tabs at the top are a work in progress.

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Tombstone Tuesday -- POOLE (2 generations) Massachusetts

Ward Poole
Born:  January 30, 1799, Danvers, Essex Co., Massachusetts
Died:  May 22, 1864, So. Danvers, Essex Co., Massachusetts
h/o Elizabeth Wilder

Both buried at Harmony Grove Cemetery, Salem, Essex Co., Massachusetts
Elizabeth Wilder
Born:  April 06, 1801, Keene, Cheshire Co., New Hampshire
Died:  January 24, 1859, So. Danvers, Essex Co., Massachusetts

Husband and wife below.

4 comments:

Heather Rojo said...

It's interesting that we both blogged about Harmony Grove Cemetery this week! I just love that cemetery, and the office staff is so helpful.

Barbara Poole said...

Thanks Heather for the comment. I've got a lot buried in the cemetery, it will be interesting to see where your ancestors are buried there. Look at the Poole one last Tues. you might recognize it at HG.

lindalee said...

I sure wish we had a Poole link. I keep watching your tombstones.

Barbara Poole said...

Thanks Linda, I just wish we were cousins. Only two more Poole stones to go, buried in DC.