My blog has been changed to make it more appealing for those who have New England ancestors and want to see the area through photos. Things I’ll include are typical white New England churches, libraries showing their genealogical collection, historical societies, cemeteries, war memorials, in general, anything to do with history.

For four years I’ve blogged mostly about my personal genealogy in New England (Connecticut, Massachusetts, Vermont, and New Hampshire), New York, New Jersey, Michigan, Illinois, Wyoming, and the Eastern Townships of Quebec, Canada. I still will, can’t forget my own roots.

Please check out the labels on the right side for articles. The header tabs at the top are a work in progress.

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Tombstone Tuesday -- WESTOVER (2 Generations) MA to Canada

Moses Westover
Born:  March 24, 1743/44, Sheffield, Berkshire Co., Massachusetts
Died:  November 23, 1826, Sutton, Brome Co., Quebec, Canada

His wife, Elizabeth Holmes
Born:  August 14, 1751, Sheffield, Berkshire Co., Massachusetts
Died:  November 04, 1829, Sutton, Brome Co., Quebec, Canada


They were my 5th great-grandparents.
Side-by-side at Pettes Cemetery. Sutton Junction, Brome Co., Quebec, Canada
Entrance to Cemetery.
Their son, Asa Westover was buried at
Bishop Stewart Memorial Church Cemetery (below),
Frelighsburg, Missisquoi Co., Quebec, Canada
Born:  September 06, 1770, Sheffield, Berkshire Co., Massachusetts
Died:  April 22, 1832, St. Armand E. (Frelighsburg), Missisquoi Co., Quebec, Canada
Asa and his wife, Mary Currie were my 4th great-grandparents.

No comments: