My blog has been changed to make it more appealing for those who have New England ancestors and want to see the area through photos. Things I’ll include are typical white New England churches, libraries showing their genealogical collection, historical societies, cemeteries, war memorials, in general, anything to do with history.

For four years I’ve blogged mostly about my personal genealogy in New England (Connecticut, Massachusetts, Vermont, and New Hampshire), New York, New Jersey, Michigan, Illinois, Wisconsin, and the Eastern Townships of Quebec, Canada. I still will, can’t forget my own roots.

Please check out the labels on the right side for articles. The header tabs at the top are a work in progress.

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Sentimental Sunday -- Not Father, But Grandfather


I don't have a single photo of me and my father, or a new one that hasn't been shown before, so I chose to show this one with my grandfather, Clarence F. Poole. My sister and I were visiting my grandparents in Evanston, Illinois.The note on the back, written by my mother, says it all. We were once again moving.


(My mother made the coats, I got pockets and a cape on mine.)

4 comments:

Ginger Smith said...

I like your cape! Thanks for sharing!

Kristin said...

So you're the big sister. I like the cape too.

Barbara Poole said...

Ginger and Kristin, thanks for your comments. I'm thinking maybe capes should come back in style!

Cheryl Palmer said...

I love that your mother labeled that so nicely!