My blog has been changed to make it more appealing for those who have New England ancestors and want to see the area through photos. Things I’ll include are typical white New England churches, libraries showing their genealogical collection, historical societies, cemeteries, war memorials, in general, anything to do with history.

For four years I’ve blogged mostly about my personal genealogy in New England (Connecticut, Massachusetts, Vermont, and New Hampshire), New York, New Jersey, Michigan, Illinois, Wisconsin, and the Eastern Townships of Quebec, Canada. I still will, can’t forget my own roots.

Please check out the labels on the right side for articles. The header tabs at the top are a work in progress.

Saturday, July 2, 2011

NEHGS: An Improvement and FREE

The New England Historic Genealogical Society entrance has had a face lift. Last photo shows how it looked two weeks prior.




Now you must be wondering what is FREE. The Society will be free to all this coming Friday, July 8th.
When I was there a few days ago, I saw a flyer, and saw that the Highland Street Foundation is providing many free open houses this summer. This is an especially good day, as they are offering free entrance to:

PLIMOTH PLANTATION
137 Warren Ave – Plymouth
WORCESTER ART MUSEUM
55 Sal
isbury St. – Worcester
CAPE COD MUSEUM OF ART
60 Hope Lane - Dennis
NEW ENGLAND HISTORIC GENEALOGICAL SOCIETY
99 Newbury Street - Boston

Normally it cost $15 a day per non-member of NEHGS, so this is a good deal if you want to check out the library, without paying. Anybody want to meet me there?


2 comments:

Yvette Porter Moore said...

I visited Boston in April 2011, and NEHGS was on my list of places to go. However, I was not able, as I was running around interviewing people, visiting Hope Cemetery, and copying directories at the Worcester, MA Library..Then of course it was a rainy season, so my driving mainly was from Boston straight to Worcester and Cambridge. Plan to go back soon. I love your Blog and hope to learn more from you.

Barbara Poole said...

Yvette, too bad about the April weather, among the worst of all Aprils. If you ever get back this way, maybe we could meet at NEHGS. Just today I met a fellow blogger there, and will do a post about it. Thank you for the nice comment about my blog.