My blog has been changed to make it more appealing for those who have New England ancestors and want to see the area through photos. Things I’ll include are typical white New England churches, libraries showing their genealogical collection, historical societies, cemeteries, war memorials, in general, anything to do with history.

For four years I’ve blogged mostly about my personal genealogy in New England (Connecticut, Massachusetts, Vermont, and New Hampshire), New York, New Jersey, Michigan, Illinois, Wisconsin, and the Eastern Townships of Quebec, Canada. I still will, can’t forget my own roots.

Please check out the labels on the right side for articles. The header tabs at the top are a work in progress.

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Summer Break

Just a week ago I wrote a post, A Step-grandmother Connection about my step-grandmother, Edna and how a relative, Claudia, contacted me, after she googled my grandfather's name with hopes of finding information. Within a quick week, Claudia has been in contact with a family member of Edna's. We now know where she is buried (New Britain, CT, where I was born!) and other bits of information. What a wonderful conclusion, and for that I am thankful this Thursday.


I just wrote my 500th blog, to be posted on Saturday. Now it is time for a break. I also just did my 100th post on my Flower blog, Flowers From My Area (which includes gardens throughout New England).


Everybody have a wonderful summer.
Photo taken for the New England Bash logo, this is the Nubble Light at Cape Neddick, Maine
Updates:
My break was two weeks.
The relative of my step-grandmother, Claudia is indeed a good friend. We're in almost daily contact, and I hope to meet her in a few months.
The Blog, "Flowers From My Area" is now incorporated in the "Seeing New England" blog.


9 comments:

Carol said...

Have a FABULOUS summer, keep shooting photos, cannot wait till you return with more!

Kerry Scott said...

Good for you. Those of us who live in places where summer is short need to take the time to enjoy it. The internet will still be here when it starts snowing.

Bill West said...

Have a great summer, Barbara!

Heather Rojo said...

Double congratulations on both blogs, Barb! I can't tell you how many time I want to write a compliment on your flower blog, but I can't so I'll say it here "Your photos are FANTASTIC!" even better than life (I can say that because I know most of the places you've photographed!). See you at the bash!

Greta Koehl said...

Enjoy your well-deserved time off! I echo what Heather has said - your flower photos are incredible - I am often tempted to come over here and gush about them!

Mary Warren said...

Congrats on 500 posts...I'm barely over 300, can't imagine making it to 500! Have a wonderful time this summer - but don't forget to get some pics for when you come back!

Barbara Poole said...

Mary, please tell me the name of your blog, I'd like to Follow you. Thanks.

Michelle Goodrum said...

I'm impressed. 500 posts is a lot! Have a fantastic summer and take many of photos. I've really been enjoying your photo blog lately.

Brenda Leyndyke said...

You deserve a break-I hope you have a great summer.