My blog has been changed to make it more appealing for those who have New England ancestors and want to see the area through photos. Things I’ll include are typical white New England churches, libraries showing their genealogical collection, historical societies, cemeteries, war memorials, in general, anything to do with history.

For four years I’ve blogged mostly about my personal genealogy in New England (Connecticut, Massachusetts, Vermont, and New Hampshire), New York, New Jersey, Michigan, Illinois, Wyoming, and the Eastern Townships of Quebec, Canada. I still will, can’t forget my own roots.

Please check out the labels on the right side for articles. The header tabs at the top are a work in progress.

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Cary Memorial Library, aka Lexington Library, Lexington, Massachusetts

The library has three rooms containing genealogical information. The room above (and below) and another room (yellow walls) is below with two photos. The third room was being used for a meeting, therefore, I didn't take photos.




Cary Memorial Library, Lexington, Massachusetts

2 comments:

Carol said...

Every time I see your photos of the libraries I start drooling all over my keyboard! They are so beautiful, and those books, my fingers itch to turn pages.

Barbara Poole said...

Carol, I've done research in all the libraries. This one I used abt. 8 yrs. while in school. History was a big thing, and years later I discovered an ancestor was from here.