My blog has been changed to make it more appealing for those who have New England ancestors and want to see the area through photos. Things I’ll include are typical white New England churches, libraries showing their genealogical collection, historical societies, cemeteries, war memorials, in general, anything to do with history.

For four years I’ve blogged mostly about my personal genealogy in New England (Connecticut, Massachusetts, Vermont, and New Hampshire), New York, New Jersey, Michigan, Illinois, Wyoming, and the Eastern Townships of Quebec, Canada. I still will, can’t forget my own roots.

Please check out the labels on the right side for articles. The header tabs at the top are a work in progress.

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Egbert Ten Eyck and his wives -- Tombstone Tuesday

Egbert Ten Eyck
Born April  18, 1779
Died April 11, 1844

Rebecca
Wife of
Egbert Ten Eyck
Aug. 15, 1788
Died
Feb. 26, 1850

Ann Pearce
Born
Dec. 8, 1799
Died
June 8, 1870


Brookside Cenetery
Watertown, Jefferson Co., New York

Egbert was my 4th cousin 5 times removed, and the father of Anthony Ten Eyck, the "US commissioner to Hawaii 1845 - 1848"

Photo was a nice surprise taken by David Derrigo.

5 comments:

Dee said...

Love that stone. I have always been partial to obelisks.

Dee at Shakin' the Family Tree

Barbara Poole said...

Thanks Dee. Wish I could take credit for the photo, but, like you, I love obelisks too.

Peter said...

Could it be that the Ten Eyck surname is of Dutch origin? If so, do you want me to add it to your entry at http://patmcast.blogspot.nl/2012/05/dutch-ancestors.html?
Thanks,
Peter

Barbara Poole said...

Peter, They were from Germany, and sailed from Amsterdam. However, many people still think of the name as Dutch instead of German. I would love it if you would place them on your site. Thanks!

Peter said...

Barbara. It has been added, hopefully somebody can shed some light on the origin of this name.