Pages

The Life From The Roots blog topics have changed several times since I began this blog in 2009. I initially wrote only about the family history I had been working on for 20 years. Years later, I was into visiting gardens, historical homes, churches, libraries that had genealogical collections, historical societies, war memorials, and travel/tourism places. I also enjoy posting autographs and photos of famous people I've met or have seen.

Along with my New England roots, other areas include New York, New Jersey, Michigan, Illinois, Wisconsin, and the Eastern Townships of Quebec, Canada.

Please check out the labels on the right side for topics (please note, they need work). Below the labels and pageviews is a listing of my top nine posts, according to Google. Four of them pertain to Lowell, MA. These posts change often because they are based on what people are reading.

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Killingworth, Connecticut, We Helped Each Other


Isaac Kelsey
Joseph Wilcox
Josiah Hull
Daniel Buel
John Wilcox
Joseph Griswold
Nathaniel Parmelee
Ebenezer Hull
Samuel Stevens
Edward Rutty
Solomon Davis
Timothy Chittenden
Theophilus Redfield


I received this letter, "We live in Killingworth and my son is doing a history project. I have had a hard time finding some of the cemeteries in town. I am wondering if I can use the image I found on Google images of the Stone House Cemetery that you took. He would be putting it on a poster board that will be displayed in the elementary school til the end of the year." I wrote Mary back, gave permission for her son to use my image, and told her exactly where the cemetery was, across the street from a fire station. I also asked if she could take a photo of the Killingworth sign.


In reply, she wrote, "So I found out from talking to people that there are 2 working fire stations in town. I had no idea and have lived here for 9 years. The one you are talking about isn't the one I was thinking of. Learn something new everyday! Mary Frances Studzinski" I loved this exchange, and of course the moral is, if you are nice to a person, they will probably be nice to you. Thanks Mary for the Killingworth sign photo. This is a town of many of my ancestors. See HERE.