My blog has been changed to make it more appealing for those who have New England ancestors and want to see the area through photos. Things I’ll include are typical white New England churches, libraries showing their genealogical collection, historical societies, cemeteries, war memorials, in general, anything to do with history.

For four years I’ve blogged mostly about my personal genealogy in New England (Connecticut, Massachusetts, Vermont, and New Hampshire), New York, New Jersey, Michigan, Illinois, Wyoming, and the Eastern Townships of Quebec, Canada. I still will, can’t forget my own roots.

Please check out the labels on the right side for articles. The header tabs at the top are a work in progress.

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Pratt of Malden, Massachusetts -- Tombstone Tuesday

Here lyes Buried
ye Body of
Lieut Thomas Pratt
Who Departed This
Life June 23 Anno Domini
1732 Aged 63 Years.
Here Lyes Ye
Body of
Mary Prat
Wife to John
Prat Who
Departed This
Life July Ye 17
1701 In Ye 56
of Her Age.

Thomas Pratt was my 7th Great-Grandfather and Mary Prat(t) was my 8th Great-Grandmother. Both buried at Bell Rock Cemetery, Malden, Massachusetts. For more information on the Pratt line, please click HERE.

No comments: