My blog has been changed to make it more appealing for those who have New England ancestors and want to see the area through photos. Things I’ll include are typical white New England churches, libraries showing their genealogical collection, historical societies, cemeteries, war memorials, in general, anything to do with history.

For four years I’ve blogged mostly about my personal genealogy in New England (Connecticut, Massachusetts, Vermont, and New Hampshire), New York, New Jersey, Michigan, Illinois, Wisconsin, and the Eastern Townships of Quebec, Canada. I still will, can’t forget my own roots.

Please check out the labels on the right side for articles. The header tabs at the top are a work in progress.

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Day Trip to Maine to see the Last of Summer


Our northern trip yesterday to Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens in Boothbay, Maine took three hours, but it was worth it to see the last of the 2013 flowers. Our return trip, along the coast took almost twice as long.









 Entering Wiscasset, Maine, and tourists lined up for lobster at Red's Eats, Wiscasset (below).

 Passing through Freeport, home of L.L. Bean.
 
It was a summer's day at York Beach, York, Maine
Bring on Fall.




3 comments:

Heather Wilkinson Rojo said...

Don't you love coming home on the coastal route! I don't care how long it takes, it is worth every minute!

Jana Last said...

How beautiful Barbara! It looks like you had a lovely trip. Your photos are gorgeous!

Barbara Poole said...

Heather, as yet, I've never driven it, Bill always does. However, I just told him, the next time, I will just so I get comfortable with it, should I ever have to do it alone.

Thank you Jana. I do have a thing for flowers, the main reason for the trip was to see the gardens. I'm a little obsessed with them, like genealogy.