My blog has been changed to make it more appealing for those who have New England ancestors and want to see the area through photos. Things I’ll include are typical white New England churches, libraries showing their genealogical collection, historical societies, cemeteries, war memorials, in general, anything to do with history.

For four years I’ve blogged mostly about my personal genealogy in New England (Connecticut, Massachusetts, Vermont, and New Hampshire), New York, New Jersey, Michigan, Illinois, Wyoming, and the Eastern Townships of Quebec, Canada. I still will, can’t forget my own roots.

Please check out the labels on the right side for articles. The header tabs at the top are a work in progress.

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Hildene, What is it, Where is it? It's in Vermont.



If you want to learn more about Hildene and all that it has to offer, here is their website.
As the sign says, Hildene was the summer home of Robert Todd Lincoln, son of Abraham Lincoln.
No taking of photos in the house were allowed. However, I asked if I could shoot this picture from the second floor.
Also on display is this beautifully restored Pullman Palace car. We were allowed to take photos, and I took full advantage of it. Robert Todd Lincoln was the president of the Pullman Company.

Stained glass, and you won't believe where it was. (See very bottom.*)
Ceiling (above) and Seating / Bed area (below).

Too bad it was an overcast day when we got there. Still, we enjoyed the scenery.
*The bathroom.

1 comment:

John D. Tew said...

As always Barbara, your photographs are beautifully done. I did not know RT Lincoln was the president of Pullman. Thank you.