My blog has been changed to make it more appealing for those who have New England ancestors and want to see the area through photos. Things I’ll include are typical white New England churches, libraries showing their genealogical collection, historical societies, cemeteries, war memorials, in general, anything to do with history.

For four years I’ve blogged mostly about my personal genealogy in New England (Connecticut, Massachusetts, Vermont, and New Hampshire), New York, New Jersey, Michigan, Illinois, Wisconsin, and the Eastern Townships of Quebec, Canada. I still will, can’t forget my own roots.

Please check out the labels on the right side for articles. The header tabs at the top are a work in progress.

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Gillmore, Parker, Dodge and Adams -- Tombstone Tuesday

Old Burying Ground, Jaffrey, New Hampshire
I wrote about this cemetery last year, see HERE.

Additional information from the town (a pdf of all names included).
None of these individuals are in my tree, I took them solely to put into FindAGrave.
Samuel L. Gillmore

Abel Parker

Edith Parker

Abel Parker and Edith Parker

Samuel Parker

Job Dodge

Lieut. Thomas Adams

Molly Dodge wife of Lt. Thomas Dodge

5 comments:

Susi's Quarter said...

Barbara. Love the new version. I think we have chatted before on some names.

Mary Mettler said...

Hi Barbara,
My brickwall 3rd GGF Oren Parker (b. ca 1788 in MA and d. 1852 in Antioch, Lake, IL. He had a brother Abel Parker (b.ca 1790 in MA and d. in 1857 in Antioch, Lake, IL. They lived in Westford, VT and appear to be children of Aaron and Judith (Chase) Parker of Oxford and Sutton, MA respectively. But...I'm not positive, so it might be worth a look at this Abel Parker family.
Mary

Barbara Poole said...

Susi, yes, I believe so. Also, I just followed your blog, and while reading a few entries, I see you also have a Jesse Wright. I've got one in New Haven, and would love to know how it came to be that his wife and he died the same day, in different towns!
Mary, I believe Parker is a common name, but why not do a search for all the Abels, there might be a lot or maybe a little. Now, Oren might be less common, I would think. Good luck.

CaronC said...

My gosh! I just stumbled onto your blog while looking at pics of Newbury, Mass on flicker. I am finally researching my ancestors, the Adams of Newbury. Reading your posts, I see we share the Abbe family too. The Adams are on my mother's side, the Abbe on my fathers. My great grandmother married Daniel Robert Adams (1823-1881) who is buried in Fort Hill Cemetery in Auburn, NY. I can't wait till the snow melts and I can get out there to explore and photograph as Auburn is only about 30 min from me. I had also heard of a Beecher Stowe connection, but am not there yet. I think I need to make a trip to Newbury and circle up to Jaffrey on my way home to Syracuse, NY. Thanks for a great blog, I will share it with my family!

Barbara Poole said...

Caron, thank you for your message, compliment and for following my blog. Adams, oh my, there are so many around here. I even have two different Adams lines, so, I know how difficult it can be tracing them. But fun! I gather you saw my H. B. Stowe photos (her houses and cem. stone)...quite near from where I live. Nice to meet a double cousin! Oh, some of my older material needs updating, so it's best to double check everything.